|Advanced Soldier RIG|
30% Damage Resistance
Features 25 inventory slots
The Advanced Soldier RIG is a fatigue and body armor assembly that was designed for combat use and is standard issue protective wear for the EDF Marines and Sailors.
The assembly is composed primarily of dark grey, vacuum-rated fatigues bearing a number of utility pockets and white body armor plates including armored boots, a cuirass, cuisses, spaulders, rerebraces, vambraces and a head-enclosing combat helmet.
The breastplate bears an insignia which may represent the Earth Defense Force or the USM Valor.
- The Soldier RIG costs 99,000 Credits and is available for purchase after loading a "Cleared Game" save. Once loaded, head towards a Store (Which is first seen near the tram at the end of Chapter 1).
- The Soldier RIG is the second best RIG in the game with a total of 30% damage resistance with the first being the Advanced Unitologist RIG which has a total of 60% damage resistance. It provides the best protection in the PC version of the game.
- The red stripes above the right eye-slit may be a form of rank insignia.
- If the player rotates the camera to face Isaac's helmet while near a wall, the light from the eyes will disappear.
- The Advanced Soldier RIG's that are worn by the Marines that are encountered on the USM Valor seemed to differ from the RIG that was worn by Isaac, namely in their inclusion of a left shoulder spaulder and their stripped down helms: Where Isaac's combat helmet fully encapsulates his head, those that are worn by the Valor's personnel seemed only to consist of a mask fitted to the head via a solid band. Additionally, Isaac seems to wear a balaclava and gridded lower mouth guard.
- The Soldier Suit and EarthGov Security Suit that are featured in Dead Space 2 are also military-issue combat wear, but differed markedly in appearance.
- The helmet resembled a human skull minus a lower jaw, complete with a hole corresponding to the nasal area.
- It is possible that the Advanced Soldier RIG first superseded the Legionary Suit and is a Marine's variant of the Soldier Suit.
- John Carver's Special Forces Suit bears a strong resemblance to this RIG.
- Robert Norton's suit has the symbol of the EDF on the left breast of the suit which was the same symbol that was located on the right breast of the Soldier suit.
- It is worth noticing that the suit itself lacks a visible holo-viewer.