- "Alright you bastards, come and get it!"
- —Campbell's last words
Caleb Campbell was the Captain of the USG O'Bannon.
Campbell and his crew of the O'Bannon set out to Aegis VII to find the shards of the Red Marker. However, not long after reaching Aegis VII, the landing crew encountered difficulty with the stabilizers overloading which was made irrecoverable by Nikolas Kuttner, forcing the landing crew to abandon the planet as it started to break up.
He attempted to get the O'Bannon further away from the planet to get clear of the planet's gravity well to shock out, but he was too late as the ship was caught and the debris damaged much of the ship's systems including its ShockPoint Drive, leaving them stranded and at the mercy of the planetary debris.
When Nolan Stross attempted to warn him about the Necromorph outbreak, he was busy talking with Alejandro Borges concerning the ShockPoint Drive and they ignored Stross all together. He along with the two security officers are able to survive long enough to meet up with Stross, Isabel Cho and Nikolas Kuttner. But, as they made their escape into the vents, the Necromorphs overwhelmed the last of the security officers. Campbell, Kuttner, Cho and Stross fled into the vents and made it to Stross' lab where they met with Borges and the two officers from the bridge. There, he asked Stross to explain what was happening on the ship and after learning that destroying the shard could stop the Necromorphs, Borges suggested that they should throw it into the reactor core and use the weapons made by Borges, they went to Engineering. The debris from the planet caused a hull breach, damaging the outer door control for Engineering. Captain Campbell sacrificed himself to seal the door manually and used a grenade made by Borges to blow himself and a group of Necromorphs surrounding him up.
- Campbell had a scar on his left eye. However, this scar was not present during Stross' flashback.
- Campbell apparently had a wife who tried to convince him to retire before setting out to Aegis VII.
- Campbell is voiced by Graham McTavish, who provided the voice of Dante Alighieri in another of EA's games: Dante's Inferno, which actually made a cameo appearance in the film.
- Campbell showed similarities with Captain Mathius as they both had white hair, white beard, blue eyes, are Captains of course and are touched by the Marker's influence (Except Campbell was not in its constant presence). Campbell, however managed to keep his sanity until his death. However, as he explained "the voices in my head", Stross took the Marker shard away from his presence and prevented him from succumbing to any further dementia.