|Game:||Dead Space 2|
|Previous Chapter:||The Drill|
|Next Chapter:||Marker Access and a New Threat|
|Dead Space Wiki has a walkthrough guide to this level, Chapter 13: Government Sector. See Chapter 13: Government Sector/Walkthrough.|
Isaac and Ellie finally reached the Government Sector through the use of the mining drill. Ellie found a gunship, hoping to escape once and for all with Isaac. However, Isaac knew that he still had to destroy the Marker, even though he had not discovered how to yet.
Shortly after Isaac's and Ellie's arrival in the Government Sector, Ellie finds an EarthGov Gunship that is still operational and plans to finally depart from The Sprawl with Isaac once and for all. However, Isaac feels obliged to put an end to the Marker without risking Ellie's life and remotely launches the ship with Ellie onboard despite her protests.
After Ellie departed, Isaac had a short talk with Nicole's apparition and hacks his way into the Marker Facility where he is confronted by the EarthGov Security Officers in the lobby. He manages to escape and subsequently cutted the power off in the lobby, allowing the hordes of Necromorphs to enter the facility and slaughter the security personnel. After the horde passed, Isaac slips inside behind them.
Once inside, Isaac had another vision of Nicole who aids him by showing him the way to the Marker. After some tough battles with the Necromorphs that recently entered the Facility, Isaac finally reaches an observation platform overlooking a massive room containing the Marker which to Isaac's amazement was vastly larger than the original Aegis VII Marker. Upon arriving at the Marker site, Tiedemann informs Isaac that the hordes of Necromorphs that Isaac just letted in triggered a massive Convergence Event far outside the scope of anything that Tiedemann ever planned for. Just then, an explosion cutted his RIG link to Isaac off.
After the call with Tiedemann ends, Isaac sees the NoonTech Diagnostic Machine - a machine that stimulates the areas of his brain infected by the signal of the Red Marker by means of inserting a needle through the eye all the way to the brain. An apparition of Nicole appears and explains to Isaac that he must use the machine in order to gain the knowledge needed to destroy the Marker. Isaac asks "Nicole" if it will hurt which she only responds, "Yes". Isaac crawls into the machine, initiating Stross' "steps". Isaac completes the final step, inserting the machine's needle into his eye, unlocking the dormant information in Isaac's brain that he needs to destroy the Marker.
In order of appearance:
- Slashers/Enhanced Slashers.
- Pukers/Enhanced Pukers.
- Lurkers/Enhanced Lurkers.
- Enhanced Stalkers.
- Enhanced Brute.
- Divider (Only if the player entered the Power Node room).
- Once Isaac removed the power cell above the EarthGov barricade, the Necromorphs are able to enter the area. The Slashers, Pukers and Pregnants wildly charged toward the EarthGov Soldiers, but the Ubermorph walked calmly and with what seemed to be a different purpose than that of the other Necromorphs. The Ubermorph was confronted in Chapter 14.
- Despite being an extremely large amount of Necromorphs, bordering 300 or more attacking the Titan Security Force. When Isaac went to the area below, he would only encounter a few of them. It was unknown how so many of them managed to leave the area so quickly.
- Once you unplug the power cell above the EarthGov barricade, you could not plug it back in.
- In this chapter, it should be noted that the regular Infectors could still produce the Enhanced Slashers. This could be observed after Isaac headed back down to the Security Room after unplugging the power cell that caused the blackout. If the player looked out the window quickly enough, an Infector could be spotted infecting a newly created corpse of one of Tiedmann's Security Officers. The result was always an Enhanced Slasher.
- After you accessed the very first Power Node locked room in this chapter, a Divider would burst out of a nearby vent. It would not engage you until you exit the Power Node room.
- Interestingly, the Crawlers that are encountered within this chapter acted differently by cooing and laughing as they are encouraging Isaac to approach them.
- The Security Officers that are killed by the Necromorphs appeared to be dragged off or rapidly transformed as there was a large amount of blood covering the area, but almost no bodies until the next room.
- After launching Ellie, Tiedemann told Isaac that he had over 200 armed security soldiers guarding the sector. Isaac only encountered seven to eight behind riot shields. Either Tiedemann was bluffing Isaac or the rest of them are slaughtered by the Necromorphs while they are still inside the facility.
- At the very start of this chapter in the area where Ellie drilled through, the second floor had an orange ATM machine which was at the center section of the path, directly above the door and facing the hole created by the drill that one could destroy via melee. Doing this could net the player 10,000 Credits and it should be noted that this was guaranteed to happen. It also suggested that the intact vending machines that one could find throughout the Sprawl could be meleed to obtain the items.
- There was also another vending machine before the ATM that revealed a Medical Pack when meleed.
- In the original Dead Space, there was a variant of a Slasher with half of it's skull showing and it wore some sort of an Engineering Suit. You did not fight this variant at all in Dead Space 2, but every Slasher that ambushed Tiedemann's was this variant.
- The scene where you must dodge the lasers to make your way across in the Reconstruction Room bore the resemblance to running out of the Gravity Centrifuge Room in the first Dead Space.
- As it was mentioned above, the only Slasher type that charged the security forces was the variant that had a part of it's brain showing and it was strange that so many of this variant would attack at exactly the same place.
- At the Security Force blockade, if it was observed closely, it was seen that each soldier was wielding two Pulse Rifles. One was aimed at Isaac while the other was holstered toward the ground. However, the one not pointed at Isaac was being held by each soldiers' right hand, hinting that the soldiers are not holding the other Pulse Rifle. The reason for this was unknown, but a plausible explanation could be was that the model being used already had a Pulse Rifle in their hand.
- In the room full of Stalkers and The Corruption, the suspended power cell needed to unlock the exit door would occasionally not spawn. The reports about this are linked back to the save point prior to venturing down to the room.
- In the room with the three consecutive floors where Isaac must battle the large waves of Necromorphs, the hallway connecting the first and second floor may not properly spawn. When the door was opened, it revealed an endless black void which if Isaac entered would cause him to fall for several seconds and eventually die. This could be fixed if the player went back to the main menu and reloaded the game.
- Besides, if you saved at the entrance, do not die for the first time on your way between the floors because all of the Necromorphs of the room would respawn altogether and attack you in one single huge wave of twenty. Knowing that you could not access to any Store or Bench at this point because of the lasers blocking your retreat, you better have enough ammo and mass control weapons to handle all of them. If not, you may be forced to restart from a previous save. With the battle becoming even harder than the final boss under these conditions, some players may do it on purpose.