|Game:||Dead Space 3|
|Previous Chapter:||Prologue: Beginnings|
|Next Chapter:||On Your Own|
|Objective:|| Escape The Lunar Colony
|Dead Space Wiki has a walkthrough guide to this level, Chapter 1: Rude Awakening. See Chapter 1: Rude Awakening/Walkthrough.|
Isaac Clarke wakes up in his room and is confronted by Robert Norton and John Carver. They explain Ellie Langford has disappeared while on a mission regarding the Markers and they ask Isaac help them find her or she will surely die.
Isaac joins Carver and Norton, but they are confronted by Unitologist terrorists. One terrorist jumps on top of a car near Isaac and blows himself up with a grenade, sending Isaac and /or Carver plummeting into the sewers below. After fighting several armed Unitologists in the sewer, Isaac and Carver use their Stasis Module to cross a freeway full of automated vehicles.
The two encounter a blood-drenched room of Lunar Colony Security officers and take the elevator up, where they are ambushed by Unitologists and Jacob Danik. Danik activates a bomb, blowing up the marker containment facility thus allowing the marker signals into the city. Isaac fights him as Danik tries to execute him, falling onto a pile of corpses. Isaac and Carver awakens and encounters their first group of Necromorphs. Fighting their way through the apartment what looks like a shopping center, Isaac and John make their way into a train station, where they must couple two train cars before progressing.
Once on the train, Isaac and Carver is attacked again by Unitologists. Norton's crew flies their ship, the Eudora, just above the train during the battle. After making it to the front car, Isaac barely grabs hold of the ship. Carver grabs his hand to help him on board when the ship suddenly takes off.
In order of appearance:
- At the beginnning of the level in Isaac's apartment, the player can find an audio log which an automated machine warns Isaac that he has been failing to pay his rent.
- Oddly, an eerie banging and growling can be heard as soon as Isaac leaves his apartment, even though the subject Marker had not been exposed so there couldn't have been any necromorphs. The most plausible explaination could be that its a big dog like a German Shepherd or Rottweiler.
- The name of the apartment block Isaac is staying in is the "Red Moon", foreshadowing the Brethren Moon and the final area of the game "Blood Moon". It can be seen after exiting the front doors of the building.
- After exiting the DredgerCorp building, in the mall area, there is a shop that lists "the Nexus" as a purchasable meal, obviously foreshadowing the Nexus.
- There are two Benches and one Suit Kiosk in this chapter. The Benches are inaccessible unless this chapter is played on New Game+, and the suit kiosk is only available to Carver.
- If the chapter is played in Classic Mode, Carver will toss Isaac's Plasma Cutter (moved into the horizontal position) at him in the opening cutscene instead of a Submachine Gun.