The EVA suit (Extra Vehicular Activity Suit) is a RIG Suit available to use in Dead Space 3. It is primarily used for space travel and vacuum areas. The suit has a gold-plated visor that expands in front of the helmet's face when entering the vacuum of space, presumably used for UV ray protection. It is obtained by Isaac during the escape from the exploding USM Eudora.
- "A lightweight space suit designed to protect its wearer from prolonged radiation exposure; typically worn by private-sector salvage operators."
- —Suit Kiosk description
The E.V.A. suit is a white and grey jumpsuit with a grayish-black helmet,and is very close looking to a modern space suit. It is worn by engineers to protect them from the vacuum of open space. The suit is noticeably padded, and has little armor plating compared to most suits. In addition to having the standard blue slits, the helmet opens up a gold-plated visor when entering a vacuum, likely made to diminish the damage made by infrared radiation from stars. Like the suits from Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3, it has thrusters located on its boots and shoulders, and the health monitor is noticeably higher up on the suit's spine than previous RIGs, resembling a beetle shell. Some of the variants of the E.V.A. suit have a helmet that resemble the Standard Engineer RIG's from the first Dead Space.
- Like the Arctic Survival Suit, Isaac has worn this suit as much in promotional trailers and even the demo.
- In Co-Op Carver has what should've been a Deep Dig suit as EVA and vice versa.
- The suit has an USM Eudora emblem on its left shoulder.
- This is the only full-body suit that is seen put on manually by a character in the entire series. How it manages to pressure seal itself and the later-worn helmet remains unclear.
- The initial suit-on cutscene is slightly different when playing on Co-op. Normally, Isaac would boost after his helmet through the vacuum before catching and donning it but with a second player present, the helmet will float out of Isaac's reach before being caught and tossed back to him by Carver. Isaac then puts it on like he normally would.
- If Isaac wears the suit at the beginning of Chapter 8, the suit will appear damaged with rips in the fabric and dents in the metal. Isaac's face will appear frozen with blood running off his head. This is the only suit that is damaged when he crash lands on Tau Volantis—any other suit will appear undamaged and Isaac will look normal, but the health is still low and the helmet still malfunctions.
- Equally, if one uses the weapon crafting area from the Menu then goes back into the game, Isaac's EVA Suit will be completely undamaged and his face will be clean.
- During the outbreak on the Lunar colony, before entering the souvenir shop, on the shops sign is a cartoon version of the EVA suit with the protective helmet panel covering down.
- Due to the appearance on the lunar colony and within the USM Eudora, it can be assumed that the EVA suit is the most technologically advanced suit in Dead Space 3 due to the fact that all suits on Tau Volantis are over 200 years old.
- It is significantly "cleaner" in appearance compared to most other suits, likely due to it being of current, or "new" issue while the other RIG armors were the outdated S.C.A.F. Suits which were made over 200 years prior to the game's events.