The Intermediate Engineer RIG is an exclusive Resource Integration Gear available for Class 4 engineers and is a standard equipment when working in mildly hazardous environments. The suit has a bulkier appearance due to the amount of armor plating attached which reinforces the helmet, abdomen and leggings as well as a forearm guard for the right arm.
- This suit became the defacto representation of RIG suits in the franchise.
- The suit appears frequently in early screenshots of the game as well as in advertisements and marketing productions of the game. Similar to the Advanced Suit from Dead Space 2, the level 3 RIG suit appears to act as a symbol of the first Dead Space.
- In the Dead Space: Aftermath, the engineer crew uses a RIG similar to the level 3 suit, but with a grey finish and a folding face cover.
- The suit has three slits in the helmet's plating covering Isaac's face, indicating it is a Level 3 Suit. However the vertical light formed by the slits may represent a 4th slit, similar to a Level 4 RIG.
- The suit costs 20,000 Credits and the schematic can be found by taking the elevator down to the captain's nest in Chapter Four.
- The entire RIG can be purchased in the Avatar Marketplace in Xbox LIVE for 480 Microsoft Points (Helmet for 160 Microsoft Points and Abdomen for 320 Microsoft Points. And in the PlayStation Home mall for $3.98 for the complete RIG only.
- In Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 there is a RIG similar to the Level 3 suit called the CEC Engineering Suit. It is the first suit that Isaac can purchase in Dead Space 2, and is an unlockable bonus suit in Dead Space 3.
- The existence of "suit levels" has apparently been retconned due to the function of suits in the games since Dead Space 2, with the Intermediate Engineer RIG now representing all engineer rigs.
- Three action figures were made of Isaac Clarke, Two featuring him in a standard Level 3 Engineering suit (one w/ blood other w/out blood) and the last one which was modeled after the Advanced Unitologist RIG. (Tank Suit)
- This RIG gives 30% damage reduction in the Dismemberment Demo of Dead Space, however it only confers 10% protection in the final game.
- This suit is also what Isaac wears in Skate 3 after you input the code DeadSpaceToo.
- The helmet of the suit appears in the Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity expansion on the map "Black Friday" on a mannequin in a store called "Store 40". The store also features another unknown RIG suit helmet as well as a Marker statue.