After working in the floating compound on top of the Black Marker's location, the Marker's pulses began to affect Field, causing him to hallucinate. Field was one of the first few scientists to believe that the Marker is a holy relic and also one of the first to believe that Michael Altman was a prophet or messenger of the Marker. As the marker did not affect Altman like it did with others and did not cause him to go insane. He gathered a group of early Unitologists and guided them to Altman's room where he said that Altman is the reluctant prophet of the Marker, to which Altman denies and orders them out of his room.
Upon escaping the research facility after the necromorph outbreak, Field contacted Altman and assisted him in his escape. Unfortunately while climbing a ladder in an elevator shaft, he was decapitated by a Necromorph head similar to the Divider's head.
When Altman returns to the facility he is attacked by Field's necromorphed head which attempts to suffocate and decapitate Altman, but he manages to kill it and save himself from suffocation.
- Field is one of the characters in the Dead Space: Martyr book.
- Before the transition of the scientists to the floating research facility, Field worked with Altman at a Station at the Gulf of Mexico where they measured and recorded gravity and vibration fluctuations.
- Field's relationship with Altman was very work based and he did not really count him as his friend. But after being stationed for a while in the Floating Research Facility, when Field began to believe that the Marker was a holy relic, he began to worship Altman as the Marker's Messenger and asked him to tell him and his followers what the Marker wanted of them.
- When the Necromorph outbreak began on the Floating Station, Field was the first to contact Altman.
- Field may have been the first one in the early Unitologist groups to decide that Altman was the messenger of the Marker. Considering that he is the one that leads them to his bedroom and speaks on their behalf.
- Field and his fellow Unitologists all wore a necklace with a handmade marker-like trinket attached to it shaped like the Black Marker. In times of doubt and fear they would usually hold the trinket in their palms to feel better. The same type of necklace is seen worn by Samuel Irons in Dead Space: Downfall.