Noah was part of a group of civilian engineers picked up from Titan Station and sent with the rest of the O'Bannon's crew to investigate Aegis VII and the disappearance of the USG Ishimura. He, his cousin and Omar Nayim are to keep a gravity stabilizer in check while the other crew members are to allegedly measure gravity fluctuations. When the gravity stabilizer started to overload, he attempted to fix it, but was killed by Nickolas Kuttner.
- Noah Pawling is voiced and modelled after actor, Jesse Head.
- The hologame that he was seen playing was the PlayStation Portable (PSP) version of Dante's Inferno which was a game made by Visceral Games and Electronic Arts (who also made the Dead Space series).
- According to Isabel Cho, Noah was only 19 years old at the time of his death.
- Noah Pawling was among the two youngest characters to be killed in the Dead Space series with the other being Nolan Stross' son.
- Vivian Kuttner was also killed in a car accident, but her death was only seen through one of Nikolas Kuttner's hallucinations. He may have actually witnessed it.
- Noah's cousin, Alejandro Borges was responsible for him getting a job on board the O'Bannon.
- In Alejandro's flash back, Isabel Cho says Noah was 19 year old.