|“||This is Sergeant Neumann, P-Sec!||”|
Planetside Security, regularly referred to as P-Sec was a subdivision of the C.E.C. responsible for maintaining order on the many colonies that the company developed.
Planetside Security functioned much like a twenty-first century police force culture, enforcing ordinances, quelling riots and generally 'keeping the peace'.
While it was known that the C.E.C. employed P-Sec on most if not all of their colonies, only some locations are known.
A Planetside Security division was in place on Aegis VII and continued to function until and during the Second Aegis VII Incident. It was led by Commander James.
Increased Civil UnrestEdit
- "An errand? Gabe, we've got assaults, murder, suicides... Almost sixty dead and dozens injured. Nobody here's ever seen anything like it. We just can't cope."
- —Detective McNeill
Following the discovery of the Red Marker, disturbances began to occur with increasing frequency, ranging across the board with counts of assault, homicide, suicide and ever-increasing rioting. On the day that the Marker was extracted and brought into the colony, P-Sec responded to two major disturbances, one in Union Square and the other in Megavent 24. In Union Square, fifty Unitologists committed mass suicide before any real preventive action could be made. In the other case, however, the P-Sec officers are dispatched to Megavent 24 were they put an end to Sam Caldwell's homicidal rampage. While both incidents stood out with high body counts, lesser disturbances and riots continued unabated.
- "P-Sec! Stand down, now!"
- —Detective McNeillThe Aegis VII Planet Crack saw an eruption of civil unrest unparalleled in previous days with numerous colonists in a state of homicidal or suicidal dementia. This outburst of violence, however was little compared to the appearance of the Necromorphs who slaughtered the colony personnel and eventually overrun the entire colony.
- "This is Jones, open call to all P-Sec officers! Listen up! Body shots don't put these things down! Aim for the limbs, take out the joints to immobilize them!"
- —Operative Jones
Planetside Security Headquarters was one of the first major facilities to be attacked by the Necromorphs. It was also assuredly the main resistance that the recombinant creatures faced. While it was clear that the HQ building was quickly overrun, the P-Sec personnel put up a fight, correctly identifying the best method to destroy the Necromorphs. Despite that resistance, the majority of the Aegis VII Planetside Security personnel are slain and infected.
Due to the devastation and later total destruction of the colony,the Aegis VII Planetside Security effectively ceased to exist. All of the members died either in the Second Aegis VII Incident or when the infection spread to the Ishimura.
- ↑ Dead Space (Comics)
- ↑ Dead Space (Comics): Issue 0
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Dead Space: Extraction: Chapter 2: Another Day At The Office