0% damage resistance
It should be noted that, while the default Patient RIG does not offer armored protection, loading a Cleared Save will result in a visually unchanged suit, but with much more armor, equivalent to the amount of upgrades that are invested into the RIG's on the Cleared Save. If an Elite RIG variant is obtained on the Cleared Save by default, the Patient Suit will possess 25% armor.
- As it was mentioned above, the level of damage resistance of the suits from a previously Cleared Save will carry over to the Patient Suit upon starting a New Game+. The Suit oxygen upgrades are also present, but the vacuums still could not be entered unless a proper suit is put on.
- It is unknown why exactly a hospital patient would need to have access to a Stasis Module while undergoing medical care. Yet, the Patient Suit has a Stasis Energy Meter on the RIG as it was just the same. Although, as the 'patients' were said to be concealed in Stasis chambers, the Patient Suit's Stasis Energy Meter could have been utilized to moderate the Stasis effect while they were held in containment.
- Strangely, Isaac's health is only halfway when he is woken up by Franco and is even lower on the higher difficulty settings.
- This suit was shown briefly in the Excavations trailer.
- It is impossible to beat the game while wearing this suit as it lacks some of Isaac's most vital equipment.
- If Isaac tries to open the door leading to the vacuum in the first Chapter while wearing the Patient Suit, the door will lock and a computerized voice will warn the player of the impending doom behind the door. You could not open the door until you equip a different suit.
- Unlike the other suits in Dead Space 2, the Store's Safe doesn't save this "suit" for reuse.
- Though the visuals will be projected in front of the suit, there is no observable means for this to be done on the front of the suit.
- Interestingly, this suit or at least the health hologram/diode apparatus is made by the CEC as a CEC logo is present to the left of the health bar and on the white spine assembly of the RIG.
- The reason why Isaac probably didn't panic or struggle when Franco was transformed into a Necromorph before him could be due to a side effect of the Patient Suit's built-in drug injectors as he might have been medically sedated in some way prior to Franco's death.
- Nolan Stross also wears this suit throughout the game, although his is clean of blood and is also a great deal more simplified compared to Isaac's, lacking sleeves and a straightjacket.