- "Real terror, in rock style!"
- —Description of the The Devils Horns.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Devil Horns appears in Dead Space 3 as the most powerful weapon in the game, unlocked after completing the game on Classic Mode in New Game+ . Similar to the Hand Cannon in Dead Space 2, It is a (mostly) one-shot kill weapon, with the main function being "Bang!" and the alt-fire being "Pew Pew!". When reloading, Isaac will perform a "rocking out" animation, and a metal guitar riff will play.
The weapon is modifiable, with the option to add or drop the alt-fire to it, and can add circuits to the tools if unlocked with Tungsten. This serves very little purpose, since the stats are already very high (visually maxed out). A common strategy is to increase RLD or SPD, as those are the most noticeably affected.
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
To unlock The Devil Horns, you must first beat the main campaign. Then, you have to play over again with the New Game+ mode, but have difficulty set on "Classic." Once you beat Classic mode on New Game+, you should have the weapon.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Note that this weapon doesn't have unlimited ammo like its predecessor; without any magazine circuit upgrades, the weapon has a capacity of 392 (maximum of 982 with x4 +3 magazine circuits) and consumes 5 Universal Ammunition magazines for a full reload. However, due to the Devil Horns' sheer power and magazine size, even a New Game+ on Impossible difficulty can be completed without ever needing to reload with 4 +3 mag upgrades if Isaac/Carver manages to fire in a conservative manner.
- Unlike the Hand Cannon, the flashlight cone of the Devil Horns comes out of the thumb of the hand.
- The lower attachment of this weapon (The Palm and Pinky) shows up as "Heavy Metal Attitude" in the weapon name when viewed at the Bench.
- It cannot be used in either Pure Survival or Hardcore without the use of a hack/glitch.
- Whenever Isaac raises or lowers the weapon, the thumb moves up or down.
- If you disassemble the weapon, it cannot be reassembled because there is no upper tool to craft (the same problem applies to its lower tool (the pinky) attachment). It is recommended that you create a custom blueprint to avoid accidental disassembly.
- There are two possible instances where the Devil's Horns won't immedietly kill a necromorph:
- If you remove the pinky, it will strongly resemble the Hand Cannon, its predecessor from Dead Space 2.
- The width of each shot seems to be shorter than in Dead Space 2, where it had an area-of-effect of about the size of a Ripper blade. It is the recommended to spam shots when taking down enemies further away.
Errors[edit | edit source]
- When Carver uses "The Devil Horns", he uses Isaac's " BANG BANG" and "PEW PEW PEW" exclamations.
- There is a glitch where "The Devil Horns" can disappear from a player's inventory. The only known way to get the item back is completing Classic mode again to unlock it.
- Rarely, if the Devil Horns are in your inventory and you start a new game, Isaac will be holding an invisible weapon until either he tries to shoot or switches weapons.
- Shooting the explosive sac of a dead Exploder will cause the sac to simply vanish with no explosive effect.