死亡空间 系列的主角艾萨克·克拉克（Isaac Clarke）是协作矿业公司属下的一名星系工程师。 在神盾七号事件发生前，他是USG Kellion 紧急状况应对班送去 USG 石村号 调查其状况的一员。作为石村号事件唯一的幸存者，艾萨克在太空滞留了很久，直到一艘地球政府的飞船发现了他。3年之后，艾萨克被收容在泰坦空间站的一家精神病院里，被诊断出患有多种精神紊乱，其中最严重的一项是创伤后应激障碍性和偏执型精神分裂症导致的，影响了他整个游戏的幻觉。
出生于2465年, 艾萨克与他的父母——保罗·克拉克, 一名飞船设计师, 母亲 奥克塔维亚·克拉克，一名统一教徒，一起生活在美洲东北部海岸区。由于他的父亲在艾萨克还未及对他深入了解时便离开了，艾萨克与他的母亲度过了童年时光。艾萨克酷肖其父，接受了电子与机械工程的教育并被一所著名的工程学院校录取。不幸的是，他无力支付学费，因为他的母亲，一名虔诚的统一教徒，花费了大量家庭储蓄用来购买统一教的vested-level头衔。
尽管有着经济上的困难，艾萨克仍以很高的评价毕业于一所次级院校并成为了一名星系工程师。数年后， 他与Merchant Marines签订了合约，使得他得以以新颖的工程方案向上级证明自己的能力。 给上级留下深刻印象的艾萨克被提升至临近主运输线的岗位上。根据死亡空间撤离中妮可透露的信息，艾萨克似曾于石村号上工作过。艾萨克初始与他的女友妮可 布伦南一同生活，当他的事业停滞不前时她却得到任命和提升，这恰好发生于与石村号通讯中断的两年前。
2508年，艾萨克成为USG Kellion应急小队的其中一员。该小队被派遣前往USG 石村号, 一艘最后被报告停泊于Aegis VII行星的CEC采矿船, 调查并解决该船的问题。After "shocking out", Kellion 试图呼叫并与石村号该船的船员建立通讯。不幸的是, 当Kellion 试图在石村号'的停泊港着陆时, 由于石村号的严重损坏导致停泊程序故障而被迫坠落在停泊港中，使Kellion不仅受到了严重损毁，还失去了它的端口加速器。离开Kellion之后，小队发现整艘石村号已经没有生命活动的迹象了，接着便在候机室中遭遇不明生物攻击，随后获悉为被感染的船员所转变的尸变体。攻击过后，仅余计算机专家 凯德拉·丹尼尔斯，以及小队指挥扎克·哈蒙德存活。
Amidst the chaos, Isaac was separated from the emergency response unit and avoided his pursuers by escaping in a nearby elevator. Isaac was left with no available means of escape, as the Kellion was destroyed when Isaac attempted to repair it after returning to the docking bay. Still in touch with Kendra and Hammond via com-link and hololink, Isaac aided in the Ishimura's repair through orders involving numerous tasks across the ship. Despite being opposed at every turn by an unyielding Necromorph infestation, and later the deranged Unitologist Dr. Mercer, a C.Q.D beacon was eventually placed on an asteroid chunk undergoing ore extraction and purged from the mining hold. The signal attracted the attention of a military vessel, the USM Valor. However, the crew of the Valor was slaughtered by a Necromorph shortly thereafter when they retrieved an Ishimura escape pod which contained a Slasher, trapped and jettisoned from the ship's bridge by Hammond. With its crew dead, the Valor was left to drift out of control and subsequently sideswiped the Ishimura, violently crashing into it. A successful attempt to retrieve the Valor's singularity core nonetheless resulted in Hammond's death at the hands of an Enhanced Brute. Returning to the Ishimura, Isaac was contacted by Dr. Terrence Kyne, a scientist who planned to return the Red Marker to the colony below via the remaining shuttle. After Isaac repaired the shuttle with the Valor's singularity core and restored its navigation discs, Kyne was shot and killed by the duplicitous Kendra Daniels. She departed with the Marker, revealing herself to be a covert Earth Government agent, and that the entire conflict on Aegis VII was due to C.E.C. interference with the Marker.
Left for dead on the Ishimura, Isaac was saved by Nicole. After appearing, she compelled him to take the Marker back to Aegis VII, recalled the shuttle in the process and forced Kendra to escape in an escape pod. Once on the colony world, Isaac found the colony to be abandoned and encountered nothing but more death and gore, along with scribbled Unitologist writings that were similar to the writings on the marker. Pulling the Marker through the Necromorph-infested colony, Isaac finally succeeded in returning it to its pedestal. This resulted in a massive, blinding pulse of unknown energy that disabled the gravity tethers holding the cracked chunk of Aegis VII. However, Kendra appeared and removed the Marker from the pedestal, intending to load it into the shuttle and return to Earth.
Before leaving Isaac to his fate, Kendra insisted that he had gone insane, and forced him to watch the conclusion to the last holo-tape of Nicole that was viewed in the beginning. After professing her love for Isaac, it was revealed that Nicole committed suicide in the wake of the spreading Necromorph massacre. It seems that the Marker itself caused Isaac to hallucinate Nicole's voice and appearance during his horrifying journey through the bowels of the ill-fated Ishimura. Despondent yet determined to survive, Isaac returned to the shuttle pad in time to see a tentacle brutally kill Kendra. The ground shook as Kendra's body was savagely dismembered, and the Hive Mind towered from its confine after previously being kept at bay by the Marker. It then attacked Isaac, but he defeated it soundly.
After the engagement, Isaac piloted the shuttle just in time to escape the colony as the tectonic load crashed down onto the planet. After his narrow escape, Isaac was left alone on the shuttle to lament his experience; he reviewed the video once more on the main holo-console. In his heartbroken state, Isaac stopped the video, deactivated all holographic displays and stared disconsolately into space. A sudden, soft movement to his right caught his eye, and he turned to face a hallucination of a bloody, decaying Nicole that screamed in his face.
After drifting for an unknown amount of time, Isaac's shuttle's distress signal was picked up by the Pleasure Cruise, later to be retrieved by Recovery Patrol X22376 commanded by Captain Maxmillian Reinhardt. Captain Reinhardt was suspicious, while 2nd-in-command Xander Sklar wanted to find an exposure. They plotted their course to pick up the shuttle.
- "Where-where am I...?"
- —Isaac, upon being woken up by Franco in Chapter 1
Three years after the Second Aegis VII incident, Isaac was confined to an asylum on the Sprawl, and was diagnosed with dementia, post-traumatic stress disorder and amnesia. Due to a combination of his coma and memory-erasing medication, Isaac was unable to remember the past three years or how he had ended up on the Sprawl. When a Necromorph infestation suddenly ravaged the Sprawl, Isaac was freed by Franco Delille and was forced to make his way to a woman called Daina, who was Franco's superior. Daina claimed that she could cure Clarke's dementia, which was allegedly killing him by degrees. Left with no choice, Isaac made his way to Daina, surviving encounters with Necromorphs, insane survivors and Earth Government troops ordered to kill him, led by the Titan Station Director Hans Tiedemann.
Along the way, Isaac experienced more disturbing hallucinations from his dementia, most notably apparitions of Nicole. Eventually, Isaac made his way through the Sprawl's Church of Unitology to Daina's location, only to find out that she was a devout Unitologist fanatic sent to capture him. It became clear that, as well as being forced to survive the Necromorph onslaught, Isaac was also caught in the middle of a growing conflict between the Earth Government and the Church of Unitology. Both sought to possess Isaac because the Red Marker from the previous Aegis VII Incident had left the knowledge of how to build Markers in Isaac's mind. The Government was after that technology to study its effects and possibly develop it into a weapon, while Unitologist fanatics wished to build their own Markers in the interests of their faith.
Isaac was saved from capture by a Government gunship, which killed all Unitologists present, and forced Isaac into a maintenance hallway. There, Isaac was attacked by a massive Necromorph and, as he escaped, managed to destroy both his pursuers. Helpless, with no contacts or a feasible escape plan, Isaac was contacted by fellow test subject Nolan Stross. Isaac encountered Stross several times before, during which Stross revealed that he also encountered the Red Marker and was used to build new ones alongside Isaac. Stross informed Isaac there is a way to destroy the new Marker and guided him to its location. Along the way, Isaac encountered another survivor, Ellie Langford, who rejected his offer of help and absconded. Some time later Isaac was contacted by Ellie, who found Stross on her way towards Government Sector. Agreeing to work together and to keeping Stross alive, Isaac made his way to them. Despite several attempts by Director Tiedemann to thwart Isaac's efforts, including forcibly separating a portion of the Sprawl, Isaac, Ellie and Stross were still able to progress.
During this, Isaac discovered the recovered USG Ishimura, almost fully repaired, and was forced on board to use the gravity tethers to prevent the government section from drifting away from the Sprawl. As Isaac traveled the ship's halls, his hallucinations became more aggressive and frequent. Eventually, however, Stross' already weak mental state collapsed and he attacked Ellie, removing one of her eyes. The insane Stross later attacked Isaac, who was forced to kill him. Making his way to Ellie through a mining area, the Nicole apparition attacked Isaac and demanded why he held on to her memory. Isaac revealed that he was obsessed and riddled with guilt and grief because he convinced her to board the Ishimura in the first place, thus resulting in her death; thus, he could not let her go because she was the only thing in the world that still mattered to him. The Nicole apparition was seemingly satisfied with this answer, and revealed that "acceptance" was the final step in Isaac's recovery. Using a mining drill, Isaac and Ellie made their way to the Government Sector, where Ellie found a working gunship.
After a moment of contemplation, Isaac activated the gunship from outside, letting Ellie go alone. Assuring the heartbroken Ellie that she would be safe, Isaac kept going to the Marker's location. As Nicole's illusion guided Isaac to the Marker, he remained uncertain of his subsequent actions. He was also forced to evade Tiedemann's personal troops, but thwarted them by cutting the power to the sector and letting a horde of Necromorphs loose on the security force. Continuing his way to the Marker, Isaac came to a machine which was the subject of Stross' mental state. The machine activated the parts of Isaac's brain where the Marker code, along with his lost memories, were stored. At this period, the Necromorphs had already reached the Marker in numbers sufficient to initiate a convergence event.
Hunted by the deadly Ubermorph, Isaac was able to make his way to the Marker, where an angry and partially burned Tiedemann awaited him. After Isaac disarmed and killed Tiedemann, Nicole's apparition embraced him in front of the Marker and told him that he had to die, as the Marker had to inherit all of its creators to be complete or become annihilated in the Convergence taking the whole station with it. Isaac entered a state of limbo, in which he mentally managed to break free of the Marker's influence. As soon as Isaac regained sanity, he resigned himself to a bleak fate. This, however, was not to pass; Ellie was able to collect him by bursting through the roof of the room where The Marker was kept in the gunship Isaac sent her away in, as she escapes the collapsing Titan Station Isaac engages the thrusters on his suit and boosts to the ship moments before the whole sector collapses. Isaac, haunted by his past, expected all this to be another cruel hallucination; rather, all that sat beside him was a grateful Ellie.
After escaping the Sprawl, Isaac and Ellie ended up on the run from EarthGov. Despite having freed himself from the Marker's mental grip, however, Isaac was still suffering from the effects of the Marker, his mind containing the secrets to creating and destroying them. As such Isaac went into hiding and wanted no further involvement with the Markers. Isaac began a relationship with Ellie, but she wanted to seek out a way to stop the Markers and save mankind. Isaac refused to participate in Ellie's plans, feeling that he had been through more than enough, leading to their break up and estrangement, though Isaac still had feelings for her.
About three years after the destruction of the Sprawl, Isaac was hiding out in an apartment on the New Horizons Lunar Colony. After hearing a message from Ellie telling him that she was moving on and to take care of himself, Isaac was attacked and restrained by Sergeant John Carver. Captain Robert Norton explained to Isaac that they needed him to help them destroy the threat of the Markers. Isaac was resistant but relented when Norton revealed that Ellie had gone missing and grudgingly agreed to help them find her. While they were talking, Unitologists began attacking the colony's Marker facility. They then came under attack by The Circle, a militant Unitologist sect under the leadership of Jacob Danik. Along the way, Isaac discovered that Danik had been working to destroy Earthgov and has succeeded to the point that Norton and Carver introduced themselves as members of EarthGov's 'Last Battalion'. Isaac was briefly captured by Danik, who explained that he wanted to set the Markers free and forced him to watch the destruction of the colony's Marker test lab, unleashing the influence of the Marker onto the colony and triggering a Necromorph outbreak. After escaping Danik and making his way through the infected city, Isaac escaped aboard the USM Eudora with Norton and Carver.
While en route to Tau Volantis, the USM Eudora collided with mines in the debris field above the planet. Isaac quickly devised a plan to secure Rosen and Locke in an airtight room, then blowing it clear of the exploding Eudora with Isaac, Carver, and Norton close behind in suits. The crew managed to survive the hectic ordeal and board one of the abandoned ships, the CMS Roanoke. Isaac reunited with the crew of the Eudora and Ellie, who was revealed to be in a romantic relationship with Norton. The scientists working with Ellie on Tau Volantis, Jennifer Santos and Austin Buckell, found a shuttle in good condition aboard the Roanoke, the CMS Crozier.
Personality and traits编辑
|A distraught Isaac.|
- "You're suffering from a unique form of dementia, Isaac. Something you contracted on Aegis VII."
Even before the events of Dead Space, Isaac Clarke had strong resentment for Unitologists, an emotion that originated from the actions of his mother, who had spent the family funds on exploring the Unitology religion. After the events of Dead Space, this feeling would mutate into distrust and, ultimately, hate. Isaac enrolled in the electrical and mechanical engineering course, joined the Merchant Marines and focused on major shipping lines. Isaac then tried to find out where his father was, but he had been missing for quite some time and his personal files were kept classified by the Earth Government. Isaac loved Nicole deeply, as shown by his determination to find her amongst the infested USG Ishimura. Isaac was also heavily distraught after finding out that Nicole had committed suicide via Kendra.
Even three years later, during the events on the Sprawl, Isaac found himself unable to let go of Nicole, and was saddened and weakened by her continuous psychological presence. Fortunately, as Isaac traveled deeper into the Sprawl, he displayed strength against Nicole and was increasingly more willing to let go of her. Even so, Isaac was consumed with guilt over the death of Nicole, as he had encouraged her to take up a post on the USG Ishimura.
As Isaac is a CEC Engineer, some of his best traits are hacking, repairing and dismantling technological machines. An example of this came about during the Sprawl outbreak, where he dismantled a Kinesis Therapy machine box in the hospital and removed its Kinesis Module for his own uses, along with a Stasis Module some time later. Also, he was able to improvise the creation of a Plasma Cutter using a flashlight and a surgical module when he tried to help a survivor. Due to his experience on the USG Ishimura and the heinous betrayal of Kendra, Isaac was understandably slow to trust the people around him. However, he would still go out of his way to help others. Isaac's courage and skill with mechanics and improvised firearms had made him, by far, the most successful combatant with the Necromorphs.
- The name "Isaac Clarke" pays homage to world renowned science fiction authors Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke.
- Isaac has been likened to the character Ellen Ripley from the Alien movies due to his surviving the outbreak despite his non military background as well as the fact that he becomes a source of information on the creatures similar to Ripley.
- Although the player can clearly see Isaac's slightly battered face at the end of Dead Space, Isaac's visage can be glimpsed during the game's intro sequence. After the Kellion crash lands inside the Ishimura, the player can rotate the camera view around as Kendra and Hammond argue. Though at this point Isaac's face is not intended to be seen, his face is still fluidly animated like all other characters.
- Even though Isaac is actually 46 years old, he is biologically 43 due to the fact that he was put in stasis for three years.
- Nicole is not the only person Isaac knew serving aboard the USG Ishimura. A comment in Isaac's "diary" (accessed via the Objectives tab in the menu) that appears while he's on the Mining Deck implies familiarity with some of the mining crew, or even implies that he was a crew member on the Ishimura at one time.
- It is revealed in the Dead Space: Extraction (Comics) that Isaac strongly dislikes Unitologists.
- Isaac Clarke is a playable character in the European "Death Edition" of Dante's Inferno. Additionally, Isaac Clarke is a playable character in Skate 3's Free Skate Mode, with the code
"deadspacetoo". Isaac Clarke was also planned to be featured in MySims Agents, but was removed before it was published, as said by the MySims Agents concept artist, Genevieve Tsai; But there is still an Isaac Clarke costume you can dress your character in. Isaac Clarke did appear in MySims SkyHeroes however.Template:Fact As part of marketing promotion for Dead space 2, Isaac Clarke is also available in Dragon Age II; players can access the exclusive Ser Isaac's armour by using a one-time activation code supplied with Dead Space 2.
- Isaac Clarke is voiced by Gunner Wright in Dead Space 2, and is, to a certain extent, based upon his likeness.
- Isaac makes a cameo appearance in Dead Space 2: Severed. He can be seen on a screen along with Nolan Stross when Gabe Weller returns to the Hospital.
- In Dead Space 2, Isaac canonically takes damage in only six cases (the Slasher that pins him down in Chapter 1; being slammed multiple times by the Tormenter in Chapter 5; being assaulted by a Drag Tentacle in Chapter 11; being thrown off the drill at the beginning of Chapter 13; being stabbed in the eye with the needle from the NoonTech machine in Chapter 13; and being impaled twice from a Javelin Gun by Tiedemann in Chapter 15).
- Despite the symptoms in other victims and hospital reports detailing Isaac's violent dementia, Isaac keeps his alleged insanity in check with proficiency over the game. Whether seeming relatively sound in the face of hallucinations or proving reliable on his own, Isaac's only real moments where one could question his health was during Nicole's several attempts to kill him. While this seems somewhat monumental, compared to the barely coherent Nolan Stross or, ironically, his own hospital supervisor, Isaac comes across as fairly sound minded.
- In the PS3 version of Dead Space: Extraction, the trophy for completing the game on the Impossible difficulty is called "Isaac 2.0".
- It is to be noted that Isaac is one of only two people to have survived the events on Aegis VII as well as those on Titan Station; the other is Lexine Weller.
- ↑ Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, (v1.02-1.1). Level/area: Chapter 1. (2011-01-25) (Franco Delille: [waking up Isaac] Isaac. Isaac, can you hear me? [Isaac begins to stir.] Daina, I've found Isaac Clarke. Repeat: I have him. / Daina Le Guin (comm.): Good work, Franco. Be careful, he's been out a long time. / Franco: Okay... [helps Isaac onto his feet] Good, good, steady, steady, steady... We've gotta get you out of this straightjacket. / Isaac Clarke: Where...Where am I? / Franco: [glancing over his shoulder at a noise] All right, I know you're confused right now. I can explain everything, but you gotta trust me, okay? Listen. You're in terrible, terrible dan—AGH! [Suddenly, Franco is impaled by a Necromorph claw. The Infector variant then stabs Franco in the brain, which rapidly mutates his corpse into another Mecromorph. Isaac headbutts the corpse away.] / Daina (comm.): Franco?! Franco, what happened?! Oh, god... Isaac! Isaac Clarke?! If you can hear me, run! Run!)
- ↑ YouTube: Dead Space 3 Official First Gameplay (Sgt. Carver: "Let's get one thing straight, Clarke: we came to this frozen shithole to stop the Markers; and nothing—not you, or your obsession with Ellie—is gonna get in my way. You got that?" / Isaac: "I know why I'm doin' this. Do you?")
- ↑ 引用错误：无效
- ↑ Youtube: Dead Space 2 E3 trailer (Daina: "Your dementia will kill you, but if you can get here, I can treat you.")
- ↑ Dead Space: Extraction - 1st image in gallery
- ↑ Joystig: Europe getting Dante's Inferno 'Death Edition,' includes playable Isaac Clarke
- ↑ GamesRadar: Dead Space’s Isaac Clarke sneaks into Dragon Age 2
- ↑ IMDB: Gunner Wright